The Google program offers multiple tools for both customization and utility when executing certain actions. You probably know something like Material You, since it is the most outstanding property of this version, but there are a lot of aspects that you may have overlooked.
Master Android 12 like a pro
With the Android 12 tricks that we provide below you will become the envy of your friends, to whom you can teach in person what you have learned to impress them. It is important get to know your smartphone thoroughly to find hidden features that are unknown, since you can find very useful options that you will take advantage of in your day to day.
Customize the interface through your wallpaper
This is the main feature that we have mentioned a few paragraphs above and that is called Material You. This ability gives a very attractive aesthetic appearance to the streamline content on the home screen according to the colors of your wallpaper. In this way the interface will look unique and special. To use this functionality, do the following:
- Open your device settings.
- Go to “Personalizations”, “Style and wallpaper” or similar denomination.
- Select the wallpaper you want.
- Click on the “Colors” or “Background colors” option.
- You can select the color palette extracted by the system or choose it yourself.
Control your privacy to the fullest
Another of the great additions of Android 12 has to do with user security and privacy. In the highly digitized world in which we live, this is an essential aspect and cybercriminals look for any loophole for their malicious work. That is why the Privacy Dashboard shows in detail the applications that are using the camera, microphone, location or other functions during the last 24 hours.
- Again go to the settings.
- Look for the “Privacy” section.
- Click on “Privacy panel”.
Take advantage of Android 12 widgets
Widgets are very popular tools that have been with us since time immemorial, but they have not always been so widely used. Precisely for this reason this version of the operating system wants them to be one more part of our smartphone, increasing compatible applications with them and showing them in a much more visual way. If you want to access the widget panel you just have to carry out this process:
- On the home screen, pinch with two fingers or touch and hold on an empty part.
- Click on the “Widgets” option.
- Take a look at all the possibilities
Copy and paste texts easily without entering the app
Among the most useful features of Android 12 is a function whose purpose is to copy and paste text from one app to another without entering them. A very attractive property for quick share information and that those who usually work with your terminal will know how to take advantage of it.
- Click on the three horizontal lines on the bottom bar to display the open applications.
- Hover over the program from which you intend to extract the text.
- Tap “Select” at the bottom right and check everything you want to copy or share.
- Then, go to the app where you want to paste, repeat the procedure, but press “Paste”.
Share images in an instant with Android 12
This feature is practically linked to the previous one, since the first steps are identical. Just as you can share text in a matter of seconds, you can do the same with a photo and even you can also save it for your gallery without having to access the app.
- Redeploy active system applications.
- Get on top of the software in question.
- If the image can be shared, a photo symbol will appear next to it.
- Touch it and click on the desired option. Be careful, because suggested contacts will also appear at the bottom so that transferring it is easier.
Use one-handed mode
As you have surely been able to appreciate, the size of mobile phones has increased considerably over the last decade. Today it is very difficult to use the phone with one hand, and for this reason, Google has introduced in Android 12 a function to configure the interface and adapt it to these situations where for some reason we only have one hand free. Of course, you will have to activate gesture navigation on a mandatory basis.
- Open the settings of your smartphone.
- Swipe until you find the section “Accessibility”, “System settings” or a similar name.
- In the case of the first option, inside you will find the option “System controls”. In the second you will see it directly under the reference “One hand mode”.
Touch the back of the mobile to perform an action
Accessibility is one of the main objectives of manufacturers and also one of the preferences of users. Having the pleasure of executing any procedure with the least number of actions possible is everyone’s dream. For this we have the gestures, which grant direct access to certain aspects, but the quick touch of Android 12 goes much further. Just by quickly tapping twice on the back of your phone you can take a screenshot, open an app, play music…
- Go to Settings.
- Find the “System” section and press “Gestures”.
- Access the “Quick Touch” tool.
- Choose the action you want to link to the gesture.
Android 12 says goodbye to screen rotation problems
Surely on more than one occasion you have been watching a video lying on your side in bed and the screen of your mobile has begun to go crazy due to the movements you can make to position yourself comfortably. These kinds of problems have become a real nuisance that force us to disable the automatic screen rotation. So Google has devised a system that detect the position of your face to know for sure when to rotate the image.
- Go to the terminal settings.
- Open the “Display” panel and then go to “Auto-rotate screen”.
- Turn on the “Enable Face Detection” option.
An advanced search engine to find everything
It has happened to all of us at some time that we want find an app, contact, setting, image or any other item instantly. However, this entails accessing a specific section to locate it later, although with the Android 12 advanced search engine you can say goodbye to these inconveniences.
- Pull down the app drawer by swiping up on the home screen.
- Use the top search bar to find what you need.